Activate uan Number: The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) offers many services online. To use these services, the UAN of the EPFO member should be active. Such services include a nomination for EPF and EPS, filing of online pf withdraw claims, EPF passbook Download, and many other things. In This article, I am Learn about How to activate uan number in EPFO
If you are a member of EPF, then to avail of these services, you have to activate UAN i.e.Universal Account Number. UAN also helps you track all the EPF accounts which are opened while working in various institutions.
Any institution creates a new EPF member ID to insert the employee's EPF contribution. This member ID is the EPF account number of the employee. Different numbers become different over time while working in different institutions.
For example, you change a job and go to a new institution. The new institute will ask you to open a new EPF account to submit an EPF contribution. However, while opening an EPF account, you can give your current UAN. This makes it easy to merge previous EPF accounts.
How to activate UAN?
- First, go to the member service portal website https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
- After filling in the login details, click on 'Activate UAN'.
- A new webpage will open up on your computer screen. You will need to enter either UAN, Member ID, Aadhaar, or PAN. After this, you will have to provide other details like name, date of birth, mobile number, or email ID. Remember that the details have to be recorded according to EPFO records.
- Enter captcha code and click on 'Get Authorization PIN'.
- An SMS will be sent to the mobile number with OTP or PIN.
- Once the UAN is activated, your account password is sent via SMS to your mobile number on the member service portal.
|how to activate uan number for pf|
|how to activate uan number in epfo|
To use the services online, use this password to log in to your account.
If you have forgotten your UAN or you do not remember whether you have activated the UAN or not, then you can check its status on the member service portal.
Follow these steps to check the status of your UAN.
- first www. Go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Click on 'No Your Status'.
- A new webpage will open on your computer. Enter one of the member IDs, Aadhaar or PAN.
- Enter the name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id (optional).
- Enter captcha.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Enter OTP and check on the 'I Agri' box.
- Click on 'Validate OTP and Get UAN'.
- Your UAN and UAN status will be sent to your registered mobile number.