EPF Passbook: Do you know how much money has been deposited in your Employees Provident Fund (EPF) till now? How much interest have you received on your deposit fund? Do you regularly check your provident fund balance? If not, you must keep an eye on your EPF account. The EPF Passbook (EPF Statement) helps to know how many deductions can be claimed from the total income under section 80C. You can make this claim on your own contribution.
The EPF Passbook shows how much amount has been deposited in the account due to the contribution made by you and your company. It helps in transferring the EPF account from the previous institute to the new institute. The EPF passbook gives the PF account number, provident fund, pension scheme details, name and ID of the institution, details of the EPFO office.
To get the EPF passbook, it is necessary to register on the EPFO website. First, know how you can register yourself.
How to Active Your UAN Number?
- Go to https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Click on the active UAN (Universal Account Number).
- A new page will appear on your screen. Enter UAN, Aadhaar, PAN and other details. Remember that it is important to enter some information. These are marked with red-colored astric.
- Click on 'Get Authorization PIN'. A new page will appear on your screen. In this, you will be asked to verify the details entered. OTP will be sent via SMS on your mobile.
- Enter OTP and click on 'Validate OTP and Activate UAN'. Once the UAN is activated, you will receive an SMS with a password. Use this password to log in to your account. You can change your password after logging in.
How to Download PF Passbook?
- Go to the website https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/Login.jsp
- Enter the UAN, password, and captcha code. Click on 'Login'.
- After logging in, select the member ID to view your passbook.
- The passbook is in PDF format, which can be easily downloaded.
|How to download PF Passbook